Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fabric Scraps Wreath

Since my "Happy Handmade Christmas" workshop is in full swing, here are a few things I made for some gals on my list. All materials used are items I already had on hand, my goal this year is to use up as much of my stash as possible when crafting gifts.

This is a wreath I made from fabric scraps, some ribbon, some quilt batting and a foam wreath. I took the quilt batting and wrapped a single layer around the wreath form to bulk it up a bit. Then I cut fabric scraps, approx 1 inch wide by 5 inches long. I just wrapped them and tied them off.

I took some woven ribbon and tied off the top, pretty simple. I was going for the country/folk/rustic look, I think it'll pass. I'm hoping my Hubby's aunt likes it, 'cause I love it and it's hard to part with!

I made the jewelry holder above for my Hubby's cousin's wife. I just hot glued various types of ribbon/trim to the back of the frame and hot glued a few eyescrews to the top and ran some pink tulle though to make a hanger.

I've made a jewelry holder for myself before, you can see it here . I wanted this one to be different though, I like how it turned out. I think I'm going to tweak this idea a bit to make a barrette holder for a friend expecting a baby.

So a few more gifts to check of the list, yay!! Please click on "Linky Parties I Love" to see where I'll be sharing. Happy Handmade Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I like how the wreath turned out - I experimented with something like it with plastic bags - didn't work - this makes me want to give it a shot again.

    The jewelry holder is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I posted below you at the Saturday linky at Tatertots and Jello! Love your scrap wreath and the jewelry holder too! Warmest wishes, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!