Thursday, December 30, 2010

Intentional Intelligent Design

So looking back on the year, I was reminded of a woman's tea I went to earlier this year. The hostess asked us to come with a word that described our previous year and another word that we wanted to represent our intentions for the year ahead.

My word that described the year before was "chaos", because honestly it described the year perfectly. Overcomitted, overwhelmed, overstressed and overworked I was and my life felt chaotic.


In thinking of a word that I wanted to represent the upcoming year, I wanted a word that would force me to think things through before making decisions. Decisions I make as a mother, a wife, a friend, a ministry worker. Intentional was the word I chose.


I also saw other things happen as I started being more intentional. I began to see God differently. I started to notice small things I've never really payed attention to before. For starters, I began seeing His creation with a whole new appreciation.


Why would anyone doubt the existence of a creator when you look at His creation? His beauty is astounding, His fingerprint is on everything he has made if you take the time to look for it.

I have found my walk with God deepening over this past year in ways it never has before. I believe in part because I have been intentional in seeking Him and quieting myself to see and hear what He has to say to me.

I found that I've seen Him more in his creation than I ever have before. I've found myself seeking out His word more as I've been inspired by his handiwork. I feel myself praying more after being convicted by his fingerprints on creation.

Try looking for his fingerprints, look for how He shows himself to us in unexpected and intentional ways.


For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. Romans 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your comments!