Friday, March 5, 2010

Springy Stringy Eggs

First off, forgive my lamo attempt at a outside photo. It was a beautiful day today, and the light was MUCH better outside than it was inside. I don't take still photos outside very often but am trying to do it more often. Hopefully they'll get better as my photo taking skills improve.

Ok, enough about that. I made these eggs awhile ago, but didn't use them for the project they were intended for. Two of them are wrapped with some iridescent cord/string that I had left over from a project. One is wrapped with some awesome fluffy yarn someone gave me. I love how they turned out and wanted to do something with them. I have had the foam eggs for a long time, didn't know what to do with them. I am glad I saved them!

A few weeks later, I was at one of my favorite secondhand stores and found the super cute lidded jar above for $2! I knew right away that it would be a perfect spring home for the eggs that I had made. I think they look right at home, don't you?

Linking up to the following:

Decor Mamma

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I may try this with plastic eggs! I've wrapped some balls (actually large christmas ornaments) with jute and yarn, but I never thought about wrapping eggs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! And so simple too...love that!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!