Thursday, March 11, 2010

Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Perfection


Ok...this is the real deal. Puff pastry, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Five of the best ingredients there are in my humble opinion, melded together into one perfect dessert. I made these last night, there are two left as of right now. They are that good. So easy to make, let me tell you how.

Take a 8 oz brick of softened cream cheese and add 1/2 C confectioners sugar and 1/2 C peanut butter (smooth or chunky) and blend well. If you using a "natural" type of peanut butter (no sugar added), I'd increase the confectioners sugar a bit. Spread mixture evenly over a sheet of premade puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms brand). Make sure you use puff pastry NOT phillo dough. Leave about a 1/2" border around the puff pastry. Then sprinkle about 1/3 of a bag of chocolate chips over the top.

Starting at one end, roll up pastry dough making a "log". Cut it into twelve even pieces and arrange on a cookie sheet. Either spray your sheet, line it with parchment paper or use a Silpat. Bake in a preheated 375 oven for about 30-35 minutes, until tops are browned. Store in airtight bag or container.

These are so incredibly good. They kinda remind me of a Palmier. Flaky, sweet but not too over the top. If you try them, let me know what you think!


Linking up to the following,

Beauty and Bedlam

6 comments:

  1. Those look really yummy, thanks for stopping by !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo good! now i'm starving! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these! They sound totally yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I love all of the ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yummy!!! There isn't a single ingredient I don't LOVE!! I am looking forward to trying these!!!

    I found you via Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!