Monday, March 15, 2010

Burner Cover Chickie Sign

Why am I calling this my "Burner Cover Chickie Sign"? Well, I made the sign out of a stovetop burner cover. Yep, I really did! On my last trip to the Dollar Tree I was overcome with a burst of creativity and saw a two pack of burner covers to which I thought, "Boy, those would make a perfect base for a circular sign". So I grabbed a pack and went home and got to work, this was the result!

I stole some of my daughter's lined writing practice paper, that is was I used to cover the sign. I cut it into strips and just randomly placed them over the cover with matte Mod Podge. Using strips worked really well, made it very easy to cover the sides. I used some chipboard embellishments, fabric flowers, rub-ons, ribbon and tulle to finish it off. The "chickies" are a downloaded graphic from The Graphic Fairy.

I used the above stamp, which I thought was perfect on a piece of cardstock and used foam to float mount it. The gold sparkly ribbon edging is absolutely perfect in my opinion, I love how it looks. I just hot glued the pink tulle in loops to the edge and then cut each loop with scissors to give it the spiky, frayed look.

I am just WAY happy with the overall finished product. Looks vintage and fun for Easter without being overly "Bunny Rabbit Easter", do you know what I mean? I'm linking up to the following:




Creations by Kara

giveaways

Decor Mamma

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Oh you are so clever! I'm sure I would have passed right by those covers without giving them a second thought, and here you thought of something beautiful to make out of them. Well done! Thanks so much for linking this one up to "Brag Monday" today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling idea, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just briiliant, what a great idea. It looks adorable. Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's so creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so clever. I love it! You did a wonderful job!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!