Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ruffles n' Scraps Scrapbook

So I found this cute scrapbook in the clearance section for...are you ready, $3.97!! For a 12x12 album, I was thrilled. Figured out pretty quickly why it was in the clearance section. There were these weird little brown dots on the front. So I figured I could cover it up somehow and brought it home.

I took scraps of fabric and made a ruffled layered border. The red polka dot fabric is actually the hemline of an old dress of my daughters that I had cut up for another project. The photo frame is a Valentine's card that I got on clearance at Target, it has "Love" printed on the side so that is why there are buttons there.

I just hot glued it all to the scrapbook and wrapped it to the inside, and finished it off with a grosgrain ribbon to cover all the ends.

I really like how it all layered. The elastic is actually part of the scrapbook, it holds it closed which is pretty cool.

All in all, pretty happy with the results. Just under $4 for the book, everything else I had on hand. I already have a baby book for my daughter, but this will be perfect once I get her book completed. Shhh....don't tell anyone that my daughter is almost five and I don't have her baby book done yet, ok?

Linking up to the following:


Keeping It Simple

BWS tips button

3 comments:

  1. Great way to make something work for you. Looks fabulous. I'd love if you linked this up to my Scrappy Saturdays!
    http://myscrappygifts.blogspot.com/2010/03/3rd-scrappy-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Wow $3.97, that is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! I love the album.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!