Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Coupe Soup Candleholder

I found this really cute iridescent glass shade at Goodwill for 99 cents. It reminds me of the glass shades that you use with ceiling fans that have light fixtures. It's a pretty tan color with that awesome iridescent finish. I had found this cute "vintage" coupe soup bowl at an antique mall awhile back and paid a whopping 99 cents for it too. I love the pattern, I'm a sucker for pretty much all things transferware.

I was going to glue the bowl down to the glass shade, but decided not too so that I could use the pieces for other uses if I wanted to. Besides I wasn't too worried about it being unstable, since the bowl is larger than the shade it's pretty solid. I used two different ribbons to tie around the top of the glass shade. The top wasn't very pretty, so I wanted to hide it.

All in all I think it turned out pretty cute. Like the uniqueness of it and I'm glad that I didn't glue them together so that I can use them for different things at a later date.

Linking up to the following,

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Keeping It Simple

DIY Day @ ASPTL

Creations by Kara

Decor Mamma

10 comments:

  1. Hello, that is just total cuteness! I so want to come see all the goodies at your house! it looks so cozy :)

    I emailed you needing some info so I can send you your goodies :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is souper cute!! What a brilliant idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE idea...love it! Hope you have a FUN weekend:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! I always see little random things like that at Goodwill but I never have this type of vision...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and fun! What great finds and a good use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this (by the way, I found you from Creations by Kara.) I have READ (but not tried) that you can use a hot glue gun on glasssware and it holds it together, but that you can easily take it apart. Like I said, I haven't tried it . . . (It may have been in "Dime Store Decorating" by Jill Williams Grover, which I checked out from my library.) Try it on something that you don't care about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of the items. The light cover is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!