Thursday, March 18, 2010

Displaying Your Child's Artwork

As the case with most parents, we have lots of "works of art" in our house. My kids are no different than others in that they love to draw pictures or as they call them, "art projects". Most of them don't end up being preserved for all eternity, but I do want my kids to know we appreciate their efforts and that their pictures are special.

My son came home with the above picture a few weeks back. I loved it, I don't know why but I thought it was especially special. So I framed it, in a polished silver 8x10 frame no less. Now normally I wouldn't do that, but this picture fit almost perfectly and I didn't have a 8x10 lying around that I was ready to frame at the moment. I love how it looks, and my son is thrilled that "Mommy really likes my picture".

The other thing I like to do is hang their pictures on the kitchen cabinets. Pretty good area to work with, and since my cabinets are plain and need a pick me up why not? Since they are painted with semi-gloss, that tape lifts right off with no issues at all.

I dream about having beautiful framed pictures for my walls. Or having their pictures hang from a "real" art display. I will probably do that one day. But for now, this will do. It doesn't have to be perfect, just get the job done. This does it beautifully.

3 comments:

  1. My son calls them "art projects" too. He even calls my DIY/crafting Mommy's art projects!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this just touched my heart! what an awesome way to bless and affirm your kids and their developing talents. What a special way to show love :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls are like that too - so much creative energy. I am in need of sorting through all that is hanging on doors, cabinets, and other places and having the girls repost... :)

    I have a few framed ones too. I really need to do change outs there too.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!