Monday, January 24, 2011

I've Got a Suitor...and it's not my Husband

So I have a confession to make. I've got a suitor. Yes, I'm married already. 10 years, going on 11. Fabulous man, heaven sent, a true blessing and my best friend. However, there is someone else who's trying to win my heart.

What can I tell you about this other suitor? Let's see, so much to share...where to begin? We'll let me start of by saying he's a sweet talker. He knows just how to wiggle his way into my thoughts. He'll whisper something in my ear, and days later I'll catch myself thinking about what he said. He knows exactly what to say and when to say it, his timing is perfection.


He is also very courteous. He is always thinking of me. He will pop by to say hi, just to let me know that I am in his thoughts. He consistently lets me know that he is trying to win me over.


He admits to me that he's a jealous type. That he so wishes that my husband was out of the picture. That he wishes he was my one and only. He tries to get me to shift my eye away from my betrothed quite often, he knows how to get me to question myself and my decision. He's always telling me the grass is greener on the other side.


He can also be very stoic. He will tell me that even though he and I aren't together that he'll be okay. He can wait for me, as long at it'll take for me to realize that I should be with him. He says he wants to be with me for all of eternity.

His motives are manipulative. He loves to catch me when I'm confused or questioning things in my life, my relationships. He really thrives on getting me to the point where I feel utterly defeated. He tells me that even though it seems hopeless, that if I just go with him then it'll change everything for my betterment. I'll get to do what I want when I want when I'm with him, and what could be better than that?


He will make me feel like I'm the only person in the world that he wants. He will try time and time again to win me over...wait, wear me down. He showers me with compliments as often as he will berate and belittle me, trying to make me feel that he is the only one that would love me. He's hell bent on becoming my one true love, at all costs.

Oh, and he's also told me that he's a polygamist. So he's not only courting me, but countless others as well. He's going to court as many as he can, he'll court you too. He's looking to amass as many significant others as possible. He told me that he'll never stop, that his ultimate goal is to have a commune of souls, all of which are completely enslaved to him.

1 comment:

I treasure your comments!