Thursday, January 20, 2011

Step Stool Facelift

I had a beat up old step stool for the kids in the bathroom that needed a little face lift. Here it is, looks SO much better! It was really simple too.


This it what it looked like. Your standard "Little Tikes" plastic step stool. I got it from a rummage sale, so it was banged up to begin with. I actually used it this way for a long time, but I just got tired of looking at it and wanted to pretty it up.

I covered it with black primer, then a few coats of brown spray paint. I then gave it a light coating of my favorite ORB for some added pizazz. To make the lettering I used white acrylic paint on some foam scrapbooking stamps, it worked really well.

It looked great, but I was worried that banging around in the bathroom would scratch it up, so I used two coats of Minwax Polyacrylic to seal it. Yep...it worked on plastic!

Totally free makeover, cost nothing out of pocket. Every time I looked at that stool I cringed, not anymore!! What is something around the house you can pretty up?

Please click on "Linky Parties I Love" to see where I'll be sharing my latest project!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought of painting the step stool we have in our bathroom. I think this is a great idea, especially since I just put new flooring in 2 weeks ago. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover! I wouldn't have thought you could use minwax on plastic. Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I need to find me a step stool.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!