Friday, May 21, 2010

Monogramed Picture Collage

So I have this weird area of dead space in the kids "play" area in the living room. It's between a bookcase and a dresser and it's been in desperate need of something.I bought plain wooden letters from the craft store awhile ago for a use that I now don't remember. I painted the sides a cute shade of blue and mod podged them all with the same scrapbook paper. I have a lot of blue in the room so I wanted to try and pick something that would coordinate well.
I already had the clip frames, from IKEA. They are the cheapest and easiest frames, and I love how you can use them wherever because they'll go with whatever color palate you're working with.

I didn't even bother trying to hang them uniformly, because since they are easily accessible to little hands I knew they'd never stay that way. I kinda like the free form look anyways, a little unexpected.

Cute and cHeaP wall art, and I already had everything on hand which is always a plus in my book. Look under "Linky Parties I Love" on the right to see what lovely blogs I'll be sharing my creation with.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! and mixing it up with initials was a great idea! Love how personal you can make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I have all that stuff too! My little one loves moving magnets around, how cool would it be if they were personalized?!

    Feel free to link up with me too!
    http://bunchofscrap.blogspot.com/2010/05/scrappy-saturday-52210-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I've never seen those clip photo frames before either. What cute paper you chose too!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!