I had bought these wire/mesh butterflies awhile back for a project for my daughter's room. While I haven't completed the project, I did use one of the butterflies. As you can see, she is decorating a felt wreath that I made. I used a pearl head stick pin to attach her to the foam wreath base.
I had lots of scrap remnants of felt that were given to me. I picked out the lightest colors I could find, which ended up being pink, tan and white with gold polka dots. I pinked strips of them, about 6 inches long and then wrapped the wreath with them. I alternated the colors, but did a pattern of sorts. I didn't overlap them perfectly (as you can see) but I'm still happy with the overall result.
I had some ivory organza ribbon and some pink grosgrain ribbon, so I layered them "Nester" style and will hang the wreath that way. I like how the two ribbons look together, it's a bit more than just using one or the other.
Overall, think she turned out pretty cute. Used a foam wreath base from the Dollar store. Everything else I already had on hand, total grand cost was $1!! Yea for Spring....I'm ready for you (even though my allergies aren't).
Please click "Linky Parties I Love" on the right to see who I'll be sharing my project with.