Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Indoor Fall Folliage

It seems this time of year is a favorite for many, myself included. I love fall and I believe a lot of that is due to the fact that our trees turn spectacular colors as the season progresses.

I know that many people like to bring the outdoors in this time of year and you see lots of bare twigs and branches coming inside. Just wanted to remind you that actual cuttings are beautiful and you literally see the leaves change before your eyes!


The above photo was taken a few days ago. Since then almost every leaf on these cuttings are a spectacular shade of red.


The above leaves are just starting to turn, as you can see. They turn a lovely subdued shade of orange and take more time than the other cuttings to change over.

So make sure to also include some tree cuttings in your home, you'll love to watch them transform before you eyes. Just make to put lots of fresh water in whatever container you'll be using, and if the leaves are going to turn gradually like the ones above change out the water once a week.

Stay tuned to see what I'll be doing with some cuttings from my Agapanthus bushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your comments!