Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas-y Cypress Swag

We visited my parents this past weekend for Thanksgiving. I wanted to make my Momma something frugal and festive for the front door. I scrounged around for some ribbon and pretties and then hit the backyard to take a few cuttings from the cypress tree. This is what I came up with.

I bunched all the cuttings together with rubber bands and then covered with various ribbons. They were all different lengths, odds and ends mostly. She also had some red apple picks that I used. I wanted something a bit more "Christmas-y" but this was what I came up with. Using what was available.

I made sure to arrange the branches so that the little yellow clusters were facing forward for additional color. I took the white ribbon which I had the most of to hang it. I also had it hang the longest, to help draw your eye all the way down the arrangement.

Looks good to me, and best of all free! Please click on "Linky Parties I Love" to see where I'll be sharing this week. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful against the red door. What a thoughtful daughter you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love this...very classy and simple.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!