Friday, September 3, 2010

Intentional Blogging

So, as I'm sure most of you have noticed by now I've not been around much lately. It seems like I've been busy, but not busy at the same time. Does that make sense? Seems like we've been really busy going and doing this summer, but things have also been somewhat slow around the home front. Stagnant, not a whole lot to show for all the going and doing we've been doing.




However, if I sit and think about it there has been a lot going on the last several weeks. We've seen my sister and her husband off as they move across country. They visited for a few days with us before taking off on their great "migration". It was fun, but sad to say goodbye.





My husband and my Momma went on a three day whirlwind tour of Alabama, the Huntsville area to be exact. We are seriously considering moving there (it's about 95% positive) within the next 12-18 months. Exciting, exhilerating and overwhelming all at the same time. God is opening eyes and hearts to the possibility of new and great things in another place.


In anticipation of moving, I've been more conscious to try and enjoy and encapsulate what I'll miss about leaving where we are now. We've been going on many drives, taking lots of pictures and just trying to be happy with where we are now, knowing that we won't be here forever. It's a weird type of limbo to be in. Trying to enjoy and disassociate yourself at the same time.


We've been blessed with the opportunities to have many fun family moments. Minor league baseball games, hotel camping trips, park days, ice cream for dinner, free movies, walks before bedtime. Most of the summer we've been blessed with really mild weather for our neck of the woods, so it's been so enjoyable to get outside and savor our summer days and nights.


I've really enjoyed trying to get better with my little point and shoot. I have found a love for taking pictures that I didn't have before. I think it has something to do with wanting to chronicle memories, becoming acutely aware my kids are growing fast. Maybe not having to change a diaper for the first time in seven years has something to do with it?



As one can imagine, with being out and about so much our house has suffered. The BBQ isn't getting used as much as usual and my floor is sporting way more of a crumb coat than it normally does. It's hard for me to find the balance between fun and work, especially in the summertime. However I know that fall is around the bend and that balance will be easier to find soon, just from the standpoint that I will be home more.


My projects around the house have been somewhat on hold. Not a whole lot of creating going on right now. I don't have anything big in the works, although ideas are swirling around in my noggin. Honestly, I just would rather be spending my time with the kids or doing something more productive, like taking a nap. Seriously though, the push for me to produce physical "treasures" isn't really in me right now. I'd say the season of working on spiritual "treasures" is upon me.
So you'll have to forgive me if my blog doesn't showcase as many "before" and "afters" as it normally does. It's not that I don't have the ability to do that anymore, but it seems that is kinda taking the back burner right now. God is tugging at my heartstrings right now, and the changes that have been taking place are slow and somewhat intangible to the outside world. But they are making lasting, visible and palpable changes to me and my little bubble.

I won't be offended if you don't feel the need to comment or lurk around much, but for those of you that do stick around I hope that maybe the randomness that is my chaotic and crazy existence with strike a chord with you. Perhaps something that needs to be shifted will be stirred a bit. God is really prompting me to pull into perspective what is rock and what is sinking sand. Where is our time and attention going, on stuff that is solid and sure or stuff that is fluff and shifting?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new pictures! good for you for getting out there and using your camera to the fullest to capture life's precuous wonders. As I scrolled down through the photos, I kept thinking, "that one is my fave so far." Then I would say the same thing on the next one, the next one, and so on. They are great. Your daughter looks so much like you! and you are quite the beauty, my dear! Your hubby is blessed :)

    Great to see you back and I am looking forward to hearing more about he journey God is taking you on :)

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos and touching thoughts. I wondered where you had been. I understand. I took almost a year hiatus from blogging before I returned to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted on my blog, so that I could tiptoe over to *your* blog and take in the sweetness of it all.

    What a precious family you're part of. Blessed. You are. :o)

    Blessings,
    jAne

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!