- Ignore the hopelessly dirty/fuzzy carpet
- Ignore the hubby reading his Sports Illustrated
- Ignore the fireplace play "house" in the far corner of the first picture. The plus side is it makes a great table for my purse!
- Ignore the stray toys that the kids missed at pick up time tonight
- Ignore the big 'ol pile of toys behind the end table shot, still trying to figure out where to stash those. Ok, so this is the "fireplace" area. I bought this recently, one of three purchases I made when "refreshing" the living room. Don't you love the stockings hanging over it? Good idea Momma!This is my second purchase, my new wing back chair. I *love* it, so very pretty. Love the pattern, love the upholstery tack trim, love the cherry legs, love her curvaceousness. Yes, you'll notice anything that's mine is a she.
The new kids "playroom" that I carved out. This is the front of the living room, by the front door. I didn't necessarily want a play area as soon as you opened the door, but that was the best way to configure it. The dresser in the back corner was my last purchase, going to repaint it black this summer. It has beautiful antiqued copper knobs.
The end table. Have my basket of library books on the bottom, right across from my wing back chair for reading. Love the little area for displays, remotes, coffee.
Entertainment center. I don't like the computer on top, but I don't want to move it by myself so for now it stays. Folding screen hides our unused wall heater.
The little end table by the chair is just hangin out right now until I figure out a new place for it.
All in all, happy with the outcome. I still am determined to make a removable cover of some kind for that horrible eyesore of a swamp cooler smack dab in the middle of the wall. I'm thinking wall art of some kind. A project someday...