Friday, September 11, 2009

Apron Strings

"Doris" apron shown above, available at Crate and Barrel

I love aprons. I think they are so "homey". The more vintage and floral, the better. Most aprons I see today look totally utilitarian, you can tell they are solely used to keep your clothes underneath spot free. I like the idea of an apron being an extension of your outfit. It can compliment what you are wearing, or even dress it up. Yes, it's also keeping your clothing protected but it's still a reflection of who you are. I love having pockets in my apron to collect loose cars, legos, and other things until they find their proper home. I love being able to wipe my hands (or gasp, a nose!) at the ready. I just like wearing one. I need to do it more often. I vow to look for aprons that are beautiful and useful and add them to my rotation, only having ones on hand that I truly enjoy wearing.

1 comment:

I treasure your comments!