Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun With Fabric

A friend of mine recently had her first baby. The theme of her daughter's nursery is Dick and Jane. I love me some Dick and Jane, the girl has good taste. So I decided to make her a gift that she could use for nursery decor and had a function too. Enter this memo/photo board and barette holder.

I took an 11x14 frame that I bought on clearance at Jo-Jo's (Joann's), and used it for the photo board. Lots of cork, fabric, ribbon and hot glue threw togther made the above result.


For a cute little tie in for her daughter, I used pink buttons.


I also used some flat glass marbles to make a few matching push pins.


The barette holder above is the same fabric stretched over an old canvas, then adorned with ribbon and buttons.


Easy to clip barettes directly to the ribbons for fun and functional storage. No digging around in a box, drawer, bowl, etc.


I love the vintage feel to both projects. I am a sucker for all things vintage right now. I really am.


So, are you dying to know how to make your own? Click on the vintage "You Tube" TV on the right sidebar and you'll be directed to my You Tube channel. I have video tutorials for each project. There are a few (okay...maybe more than a few) installments for each project, so make sure you watch them all. Then get to crafting something!


Please click on "Linky Parties I Love" to see where I'll be linking up my latest creations.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this project. I have been saving my vintage fabric for a special project and you gave me some really good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I love the Dick & Jane fabric. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!