Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rockin' Rummage Sale

Last weekend my Momma came up to visit me for the weekend. We hit my "sale of the year" as I like to call it. A local church puts on a huge rummage sale every year, and it's my secondhand nirvana. I've found SO many awesome things there, I can't even begin to recall them all. This year was no exception. Tables filled with doohickeys, dust collectors, greeting cards by the stack for 50 cents each and junk as far as the eye could see.

I bought the cutest NWT (new with tags for those of you "not in the know") bumblebee jacket that DS#2 will use for his "happy harvest" costume for 50 cents. Gymboree complete outfits for my daughter for $1. Easy Spirit leather dress pumps for me for $1. Work casual dress shirts for my hubby in his hard to find size for 50 cents each. Curriculum for the kids for 50 cents a piece, including this gem http://www.schoolmadesimple.com/tour/pages/ready2.htm for 50 cents (that would have cost me a minimum of $20 plus shipping).

Much more than that was bought that day, I won't bore you with all the details. I spent $25 in all and came home with several full bags. Digging through piles and groupings and piles, pulling out treasures for my family. Thank you Lord for placing items there that met our needs. Thank you for rummage sales, and for the churches and organizations that run them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure your comments!