Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vintage Kitty Plaque

Made this plaque for a little gal we know for her b'day. I love how it turned out, my first shot at one.

I used a kids cheapie chalkboard from the dollar store as my "plaque". Spray painted it white and then I was off! Downloaded the kitty and the label from The Graphics Fairy. The rest was all scrapbooking materials, except for the wax seal which I made (I'll show a tutorial on that someday).

I'm linking up to Brag Monday on The Graphics Fairy: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/
and to DIY day at Kimba's: http://asoftplace.net/
BWS tips button

9 comments:

  1. Oh, she's precious!!! I love that image too and have been waiting to use it...It is so wonderful to see how delightful your work is! I know that the little girl will love it. :-)
    Hugs,
    Cindy Adkins
    www.recoveryartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Oh wow, this is sooo pretty!!! Those flowers are just the right color for the Kitty's dress. Such a lovely piece! Thanks so much for playing along today for "Brag Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I'm sure it was a hit with the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday girl must have loved this plaque, it is lovely. Petra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! What a fun and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! There's nothing more touching and beautiful than a hand-made greeting card. This one's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! Such a cute image and your touches are so nice. It looks just like spring!
    Thank you for sharing with us,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uber cool idea..and such nice details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! Love the wax seal on it too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments!